Employer Support Resources
A successful recruiting program is necessary in attracting and selecting qualified candidates to join your company’s workforce. The process of hiring new employees involves several important steps for the employer, from creating an effective job description and promoting the job opportunity, to developing the interview and candidate evaluation process. Once the right candidate has been selected for the position, there are a number of tasks to accomplish a smooth transition for the employee into the workplace. Employers also need to ensure that they comply with all legal requirements related to recruiting and hiring new employees. These resources help support the employer throughout the recruitment process.
Employer Support Tools
- eLaws – The U.S. Department of Labor's eLaws (employment laws assistance for workers and small businesses) is designed to help you understand your rights and responsibilities under the laws and regulations administered by the DOL. Each elaws Advisor provides information about a specific law or regulations.
- Employment Law Guide - This Guide describes the statutes and regulations administered by the Department of Labor (DOL) that affect businesses and workers. The Guide includes information to develop wage, benefit, safety and health, and nondiscrimination policies for businesses in general industry.
- Compliance Assistance on selected U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) laws and regulations.
- DOL Wage and Hour Division - The Wage and Hour Division (WHD) is responsible for administering and enforcing some of our nation's most comprehensive labor laws, including: the minimum wage, overtime, and child labor provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA); and the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA).
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) - The FLSA establishes minimum wage, overtime pay, recordkeeping, and youth employment standards affecting employees in the private sector and in Federal, State, and local governments.
- FairPay – DOL's Overtime Rules. Under the FairPay rules, certain workers are guaranteed overtime protection.
- Exemptions from minimum wage and overtime for executives, administrative, professional, etc.
- Salary and exemptions online videos
- FLSA Child Labor Rules Advisor
- YouthRules! Website
Attend a Free Webcast!
Use Cyber Recruiter to help manage your open positions and the entire recruiting process from applicants applying on your website through routine interviewing and evaluation to sending the offer letter via email as a PDF.
Mar 25, 2015 2:30pm-3:30pm EDT
April 1, 2015 2:30pm-3:30pm EDT
April 15, 2015 2:30pm-3:30pm EDT
April 22, 2015 2:30pm-3:30pm EDT
April 29, 2015 2:30pm-3:30pm EDT