ACT 32 Demo
Pennsylvania ACT 32
Does your company have employees in Pennsylvania? Regardless of where you are headquartered, Under Act 32, all companies doing business in Pennsylvania are now responsible for collecting local Earned Income Taxes for all employees on behalf of a new county-wide tax agency. The changes are effective January 1, 2012.
We've been getting a lot of customer questions about the local taxes and how to comply with this Act.
Sage informed us that the proposed solutions they provided for the webinars were modified for the release. Some of the functionality they hoped to add was not added. The system will not ask you for the PSD codes when you add local taxes on the Tax Withholding screen. However, you should still enter both the resident and nonresident tax for the employees, and Sage HRMS will withhold the higher of the two taxes during the payroll run.
Solution for our Sage HRMS Customers:
We've created two Crystal reports for Local Taxes that we believe our Sage HRMS customers will find helpful. They allow you to search and sort all PA local taxes by Tax Table ID, PSD Code, or Tax Description. The "Crystal 2008" version has added functionality to sort right on the preview window.
To receive copies of these reports, please contact us:
- Pennsylvania ACT 32: Instructions for Sage HRMS
- List of the Political Subdivision (PSD) Codes
- List of Tax Collection Agencies by TCD
- Certificate of residency form. This is a new requirement.
- Interactive Tax Collection District (TCD) Map of PA
- Official PA Local Tax Register
- Pennsylvania PSD Tax Code List
- Pennsylvania Act 32 – Changes to Pennsylvania Local Taxes (Webinar PowerPoint Slides)