Article: Social Media Do's and Don'ts
Comprehensive policies and training efforts about social media need to convey to employees that they should:
- Exercise good judgment and common sense.
- Pause before posting.
- Not allow social networking to interrupt productivity.
- Be mindful of their privacy settings.
- Refrain from anonymity.
- Be polite and responsible.
- Be accountable and correct mistakes.
- Use disclaimers or speak in the first person to make it clear the opinions expressed are not those of their employer.
- Bring work-related complaints to HR, not through postings on social media sites or the Internet.
- Remember the audience and that what is being said might create a perception about the employer.
Join Us for a FREE Webinar
Social Technologies & HR: How They Drive Employee Engagement, Improve Process and Add Strategic Value
This session will show how social technologies can be used by human resource professionals to increase employee engagement, enhance business process and add strategic value to an organization.
May 15, 2014